Mommy Tip Tuesday

Well, I realize it is rather late to be posting this, but I figure we can continue it tomorrow. I finally got Mr Linky to work. YEAH!

If you would like to participate in Mommy Tip Tuesday leave a link to your site with your mommy tip of the week.

Here is mine...
To help our 3 year old start to grasp the idea of save, spend, give with her money we decided to use 3 Pringles cans. (Guess who ate most of the chips?) We let her decorate 3 pieces of construction paper and then I labeled them Save, Spend, Give (tithe). We then put the pieces of paper on each can.

Each week she is given $.50 and we help her put her money in the correct can. She loves it and really looks forward to getting her money out of her tithe can to take to church. She also cleaned out her spending money one day when she wanted to buy some bubblegum.

So far it seems to be working.

What is your mommy tip?

NewerStories OlderStories Home

1 comments:

Helen said...

I don't have a public blog, so I thought I would leave a comment. When my friend and I decided to stay home we realized we needed to cut out our weekly lunch dates to help save money, but we still wanted to see each other regularly. We know meet up once a week at the local mall. We bring lunch with us, to avoid food court prices and our 2 little boys get to play at the indoor play area. This way, we get to see each other, it doesn't cost any money and we don't have to worry about the weather being too hot or too cold for the little ones.