Peasant Bread-No Kneading Required!

This is an excellent bread that I make whenever I don't have time to make a bread that I have to knead. Especially since I dropped my bread maker and shattered the glass dome.

2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
2 Tablespoons sugar or honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups warm water
2 cups all purpose bread flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
I often add oats, millet, or any other seeds I have around

Combine the yeast, sugar, water, and salt and let set 10 minutes.
Add in the flours and stir until well mixed.
Place dough in a well greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
Shape into 2 loaves and place on a cookie sheet.
Cook 375 for 30 minutes
NewerStories OlderStories Home

3 comments:

Lynn said...

This sounds really easy. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i'm definitely trying this, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and this recipe. Tried it today, and one loaf isn't going to make it to dinner! What an easy recipie! Thank you!