Sausage Bread

My mother used to make something like this all the time when I was growing up. Usually for Saturday lunch.

8 oz sausage (I use turkey)
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz grated mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon oregano
10 oz can pizza dough (I make my own in a bread maker)
1 large egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 350 F
Preheat skillet to medium temperature
Add sausage to the skillet along with garlic and oregano
Cook until sausage is brown
Remove from heat and spoon sausage on paper-lined place to drain and let cool
On lightly floured surface, roll pizza crust into a 8 x 12 inch rectangle
Top center of dough with sausage mixture and cheeses, overlapping. Enclose ends and brush with beaten egg
Bake on greased baking sheet for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool slightly and cut into slices
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments: